1. What is the website address for IMSc ?
2. What to do if photograph and signature are not getting uploaded ?
Please check the size of photograph and signature and format of files must be JPG or JPEG.
3. Can the photograph and signature be uploaded at some later stage ?
No. They have to be uploaded during filling of online application.
4. I did not receive the email intimation for registration of my application ?
Email intimation is sent by auto-response confirmation emails. Delivery of these emails purely depends upon the correctness of your e-mail ID provided and policy of your e-mail service provider. They sometimes accept and sometimes divert such emails under bulk or spam mails or bounce back such mails. In case of Govt. / official / company e-mail Ids, delivery is controlled by your service providers Company Policies. For the problem of service provider, department shall not be responsible.
5. What should I do if I forget my password ?
If you Forgot your Password, click on Request new password button under applicant login and re- generate your password.
6. Whether a candidate can correct his details after submitting the application if he has given any wrong information previously ?
No. Once application is submitted, no changes can be made. However Edit option can be used before locking the application.
7. What is FEE to be paid ?
OBC-NCL Rs.100/- and for SC/PwD/ESM/Women, Fees are exempted.
8. What is the syllabus / scheme of exam for written test ?
Please refer to Advertisement for all the details in this regard.
9. What should I do if there is delay in accessing the page ?
Speed for Registration of On-Line Application is based on various factors like Internet Speed, large number of candidates trying to register the application at the same time etc. Therefore if you are not able to get the pages for registration immediately, please retry after a gap of few minutes or during off-peak hours during the night.However, you are strongly advised not to wait till the last date for submission.
10. How will i receive admit card ?
The call letters for Level – 1 and Level – 2 will be sent through email through registered email id as explained at para (2) Mode of selection in the table and at para (6) & (7) under General Terms and Conditions.
11. Do i have to send the hard copy of application form and other documents ?
No you need not send anything now.You will need all that for document verification stage. On the forenoon of Level – 2 test before commencement of the test as explained at para (2) under mode of selection in the table.
12. Can appearing candidates apply for the post ?
Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on the closing date for receipt of application (i.e. 30 April 2021) need not apply.
13. What are the minimum and maximum age limits to apply?
Minimum Age limit to apply for the post is 18 years as on 30.4.2021 i.e., the last date of receipt of online applications.
Maximum Age limit to apply for the post is 27 years as on 30.4.2021 i.e., the last date of receipt of online applications.
Age relaxation in maximum age limit :
As per Government rules, the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste category are entitled for age relaxation up to a maximum of 5 years beyond 27 years of age. Therefore, they are eligible to apply for the post upto the maximum age of 32 years as on 30.4.2021.
As per Government rules, the candidates belonging to Other Backward Class category are entitled for age relaxation up to a maximum of 3 years beyond 27 years of age. Therefore, they are eligible to apply for the post upto the maximum age of 30 years as on 30.4.2021.
14. Is it necessary to have a Certified course in computers with 3 years with relevant experience?
Yes. Please read the essential qualification published by us on our website as below :
- The candidate should have undergone certified course in computers.
- The candidate should have relevant experience of 3 years associated with the certified course in computers.
15. Whether a candidate with physical disability possessing the qualification of 10th, DEEE, DCE, DME is eligible to apply for the post ?
No. As per the essential qualification required for the post is as below :
"Graduate with minimum 50% marks from a recognised University. Certified course in computers with 3 years with relevant experience".
In view of the above and since the candidate is not possessing the qualification of graduation, he / she is not entitled
to apply for the post.
16. Successfully paid fees and submitted application. However, signature is not updated with the application inspite of successful uploading of photo, signature and all other Certificates.
The problem may be due to encoding. The file will get uploaded. Permission has been given to edit and view the full form.
The Full form can be seen under :
My Application ---> View Your Application ---> click on File links to see uploaded files.
If editing is required :
My Application ---> Edit Application
17. Whether the departmental candidates are entitled to avail age relaxation?
As per Government orders, the departmental candidates who have already completed not less than 3 years of regular service in the same line or allied cadre as on last date of application for the post of UDC in IMSc are entitled for age relaxation as below :
1) Up to 40 yrs of age relaxation for candidates belonging to OBC
2) Up to 45 yrs of age relaxation for candidates belonging to SC
18. Whether the applicant who is already employed and under probation need to submit NOC from the present employer?
As required in our advertisement all the candidates working in Government / Semi Government / Public Undertakings / Autonomous bodies should apply through proper channel and should enclose a
“No Objection Certificate” from the present employer.
In case, your employer has adopted a policy not to issue NOC to those who are under probation, you may please apply for NOC and get a certificate from your employer to this effect.